Havering schools closed due to snow
- Credit: Archant
A number of schools across Havering have been forced to close today (Monday) due to the ice and snow.
The council has also warned that there may be some disruption to rubbish and bin collections, but are advising people to put their bags out as normal.
The following schools are closed today: Sutton, Nelmes, Dame Tipping, Harold Court, Rise Park Infant and Junior, Rainham Village. St Ursulas, Wykeham Primary, Mawney Foundation, La Salette, Gidea Park Primary, Mead Primary, Hilldene Primary, Broadford, Pyrgo, Benhurst, Newtons, St Peter’s, St Patrick’s, Gaynes School, Scargil Infants and Junior, Parklands Infant and Junior Schools, Brookside Infant and Junior, Langtons Infant and Junior and Squirrels Heath Infant and Junior and both Tower Infant and Junior schools.
Brady Primary School in Wennington Road, Rainham is open to staff only and St Edward’s School in London Road, Romford is open to those taking exams.
For a full up to date list of all school closures visit www.havering.gov.uk
You may also want to watch:
Has the snow caused any further disruption to you?
If so get in contact with us at email@example.com
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
You can also send your snow pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org; post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk; tweet us @RomfordRecorder; or post them to our Romford Recorder Facebook page.