Havering’s transport timetable for over the festive period
TRANSPORT for London has released their festive timetable for the Christmas period.
Commuters will be able to travel for free on all journeys between 11.45pm on New Year’s Eve and 4.30am on New Year’s Day on Tube, London Buses, Tramlink and DLR services. London Overground Services will also be free from 23:45 until last train times.
On Christmas Eve, a Saturday service will operate on the Underground until 7pm, and then a reduced service for the rest of the evening. Last trains will run at Sunday times.
A Saturday service will operate on the bus network with some exceptions. There will be no night buses and on 24 hour routes, buses will operate until just after midnight.
You may also want to watch:
On the DLR, a normal Monday to Friday service will operate until 19:00 after which a reduced service will operate with last trains at Sunday times.
On the London Overground, buses will replace trains between Gospel Oak and Stratford due to major engineering upgrade works. A Monday to Friday service will operate on other London Overground routes with last trains departing from 20:00.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
On Tramlink, a Saturday service will operate.
Riverboat services will be running a reduced timetable.
Many coach operators will reduce services from early evening, with last departures from Victoria Coach station leaving at around 21:00.
On Christmas Day there will be no service on the Tube, London Buses, DLR, London Overground, Tramlink or on the river.
On Boxing Day from 8.30am Sunday service will operate on the Tube, buses and Tramlink. A reduced service will run on the DLR from 08:30 with trains every 15-30 minutes.
There will be no service on the London Overground. There will be no Riverboat services except for the Westminster - London Eye - Tower - Greenwich service which will run normally.
London Underground hopes to run a Sunday service on Boxing Day.
The leadership of the ASLEF union have announced that they are directing their members to strike on that day, and LU is calling on them to drop their threat.
For more information and for a more up to date list of the festive timetable visit www.tfl.gov.uk