Havering’s transport timetable for over the festive period
TRANSPORT for London has released their festive timetable for the Christmas period.
Commuters will be able to travel for free on all journeys between 11.45pm on New Year’s Eve and 4.30am on New Year’s Day on Tube, London Buses, Tramlink and DLR services. London Overground Services will also be free from 23:45 until last train times.
On Christmas Eve, a Saturday service will operate on the Underground until 7pm, and then a reduced service for the rest of the evening. Last trains will run at Sunday times.
A Saturday service will operate on the bus network with some exceptions. There will be no night buses and on 24 hour routes, buses will operate until just after midnight.
On the DLR, a normal Monday to Friday service will operate until 19:00 after which a reduced service will operate with last trains at Sunday times.
On the London Overground, buses will replace trains between Gospel Oak and Stratford due to major engineering upgrade works. A Monday to Friday service will operate on other London Overground routes with last trains departing from 20:00.
- 1 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 2 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 3 Romford man charged after Essex Police investigation into sale of drugs in Chelmsford
- 4 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Four care providers in Havering rated overall 'outstanding' by CQC
- 7 Havering Council’s cabinet: Who are they and what are their backgrounds?
- 8 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 9 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
On Tramlink, a Saturday service will operate.
Riverboat services will be running a reduced timetable.
Many coach operators will reduce services from early evening, with last departures from Victoria Coach station leaving at around 21:00.
On Christmas Day there will be no service on the Tube, London Buses, DLR, London Overground, Tramlink or on the river.
On Boxing Day from 8.30am Sunday service will operate on the Tube, buses and Tramlink. A reduced service will run on the DLR from 08:30 with trains every 15-30 minutes.
There will be no service on the London Overground. There will be no Riverboat services except for the Westminster - London Eye - Tower - Greenwich service which will run normally.
London Underground hopes to run a Sunday service on Boxing Day.
The leadership of the ASLEF union have announced that they are directing their members to strike on that day, and LU is calling on them to drop their threat.
For more information and for a more up to date list of the festive timetable visit www.tfl.gov.uk