Havering’s fantastic four raise �300
FOUR dedicated students raised �300 for breast cancer sufferers after organising a sponsored walk.
Lauren Higgins, Katie Sussex, Lucy Rofle and Ashleigh Beager – all 17 – from Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster were joined by 30 of their family and friends for the trek on Saturday in Thorndon Country Park for Breast Cancer Care.
Katie said: “We are just over the moon beccause we didn’t expect to raise so much and we are happy that it is going to such a good cause because breast cancer affects so many people.”
The teenagers organised the walk as part of their business studies coursework.
The girls also ran a cake stall last month to raise money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
All of the money raised from the event is set to go to Breast Cancer Care and will be used to help women diagnosed with the condition.
Katie said: “It is quite an achievement because we could have organised any event, but we just really wanted to help people.”
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 5 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 6 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 7 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex