Havering’s fantastic four raise �300
FOUR dedicated students raised �300 for breast cancer sufferers after organising a sponsored walk.
Lauren Higgins, Katie Sussex, Lucy Rofle and Ashleigh Beager – all 17 – from Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster were joined by 30 of their family and friends for the trek on Saturday in Thorndon Country Park for Breast Cancer Care.
Katie said: “We are just over the moon beccause we didn’t expect to raise so much and we are happy that it is going to such a good cause because breast cancer affects so many people.”
The teenagers organised the walk as part of their business studies coursework.
The girls also ran a cake stall last month to raise money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
All of the money raised from the event is set to go to Breast Cancer Care and will be used to help women diagnosed with the condition.
Katie said: “It is quite an achievement because we could have organised any event, but we just really wanted to help people.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week