Havering’s Bupa care homes encourage residents and locals to take part in Alzheimer’s Society “memory walk”
Romford and Hornchurch nursing homes are stepping up to the challenge of getting people on their feet.
Bupa homes across the borough will support Bupa’s “Walk to a Well World” week, which starts on Monday (September 17).
The campaign promotes the physical and mental health benefits of walking, following a Bupa report that claims walking can add up to three years to life expectancy.
To provide an extra incentive to get out and about, Bupa is supporting the Alzheimer’s Society and encouraging its care homes to take part in the charity’s “Memory Walks”, which raise awareness and funding for dementia.
The nearest event is in Redbridge. Gable Court Nursing Home, Chadwell Heath, will take part in a sponsored memory walk next Saturday (September 22), and is encouraging people from Havering and the surrounding boroughs to join in.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Gable Court on 020 8597 6041.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 9 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
- 10 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub