Havering residents warned to get home safely during New Year celebrations
Havering residents are being reminded to plan their journeys before going out to welcome in the New Year.
Transport For London have come up with a few tips for people travelling in London during the New Year celebrations.
Their advice includes planning your journey in advance, keeping an eye out on your surroundings, being verbal in asking police officers and community support officers for help and using licensed minicabs and black cabs to get home.
Deputy Mayor of Transport, Isabel Dedring said: “London isa fantastic city in which to welcome in the New Year and to have a party.
“I urge you to plan your journey home before you go out whether you are using public transport, taxi or booking a licensed minicab.”
You may also want to watch:
During the New Year celebrations there will be tube, tram and DLR services running throughout the night, 24 hour night bus services and licensed minicabs and black cabs.
For more information visit www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’