Havering residents warned to get home safely during New Year celebrations
Havering residents are being reminded to plan their journeys before going out to welcome in the New Year.
Transport For London have come up with a few tips for people travelling in London during the New Year celebrations.
Their advice includes planning your journey in advance, keeping an eye out on your surroundings, being verbal in asking police officers and community support officers for help and using licensed minicabs and black cabs to get home.
Deputy Mayor of Transport, Isabel Dedring said: “London isa fantastic city in which to welcome in the New Year and to have a party.
“I urge you to plan your journey home before you go out whether you are using public transport, taxi or booking a licensed minicab.”
You may also want to watch:
During the New Year celebrations there will be tube, tram and DLR services running throughout the night, 24 hour night bus services and licensed minicabs and black cabs.
For more information visit www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?