Havering residents urged to know their rights
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Around 4,400 pensioners in Havering are missing out on an extra £35 a week, or £1,800 a year in benefits.
Mayor of London, Boris Johnson is urging residents to check that they are receiving all the benefits that they are entitled to as part of his Know Your Rights campaign.
He said: “As temperatures plummet many households face extra pressure on their budgets as their fuel bills increase.
“I would urge pensioners to pick up the phone and make one simple call to check that they are receiving alll the financial support they are entitled to.”
The campaign is being run in partnership with Age UK London, Citizens Advice and Carers Trust.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.london.gov.uk/know your rights
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals