Havering residents urged to give out a helping hand this Christmas
RESIDENTS are being urged to give donations for those who need a helping hand this Christmas.
Homes In Havering is asking people to donate non perishable food, new or unused toys, food hampers and festive decorations for their Christmas Appeal.
Resident Involvement Manager, Julie Pocock said: “Please dig deep and contribute to our appeal to help make sure that we all have a happy and enjoyable Christmas.”
Residents are also being asked to nominate people including their neighbours, families and individuals who they think need support, where their donations will go to.
Donations can be dropped off at the Homes In Havering mobile unit at the Light Up Harold Hill event in Farnham Road, Harold Hill on Friday December 3 from 4pm to 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights of the event are also set to include a chance for children to visit Santa in his grotto and post him their Christmas wish, carol singing and performances from Havering Majorettes, Phoenix Blue Twirlers, face painting, a magician and a circus act.
A children’s workshop for children to make their own festive decorations will be held on the same day in three half hour sessions at Harold Hill Library between 3.30pm and 5pm.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
- 10 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis, you can book your space at Harold Hill Library on 01708 342 749.