Havering residents invited to show off their skills in 60+ Musician of the year competition
With the Olympics finished, Havering residents with a passion for music-making can go for gold in the Havering 60+ Musician of the Year competition.
Residents have until noon on Friday September 28 to register for the chance to show off their musical talent at the Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch on Friday October 5 at 2pm.
Now in its tenth year, entrants are invited to sing or play a musical instrument for five minutes on the Queen’s Theatre Foyr stage before the judging panel – Patrick O’Sullivan, Education Manager at the Queen’s Theatre; Isobel Liebman, newly-retired Director of Havering Music School; and Mark Etherington, Arts Coordinator at the London Borough of Havering’s Cultural Services.
The winner will be presented with a trophy and CD vouchers worth �25 from Havering Mayor Cllr Lyden Thorpe.
Entry forms can be collected from the Queen’s, Havering libraries and the Fairkytes Arts Centre. They should be returned to Katie Milton, The Queen’s Theatre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 1QT by Friday 28 September at 12 midday.
You may also want to watch:
There are just 25 spaces left for registration which is on a first come first served basis.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 East London police officer charged with rape