Havering residents invited to show off their skills in 60+ Musician of the year competition
With the Olympics finished, Havering residents with a passion for music-making can go for gold in the Havering 60+ Musician of the Year competition.
Residents have until noon on Friday September 28 to register for the chance to show off their musical talent at the Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch on Friday October 5 at 2pm.
Now in its tenth year, entrants are invited to sing or play a musical instrument for five minutes on the Queen’s Theatre Foyr stage before the judging panel – Patrick O’Sullivan, Education Manager at the Queen’s Theatre; Isobel Liebman, newly-retired Director of Havering Music School; and Mark Etherington, Arts Coordinator at the London Borough of Havering’s Cultural Services.
The winner will be presented with a trophy and CD vouchers worth �25 from Havering Mayor Cllr Lyden Thorpe.
Entry forms can be collected from the Queen’s, Havering libraries and the Fairkytes Arts Centre. They should be returned to Katie Milton, The Queen’s Theatre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 1QT by Friday 28 September at 12 midday.
You may also want to watch:
There are just 25 spaces left for registration which is on a first come first served basis.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’