Havering residents decking their homes with lights and Santas
Some Havering residents have been decking their homes with more than boughs of holly – producing stunning light displays for all to enjoy.
In Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, Sylvia and Terry Littlewood have again put on their annual festive charity display.
Last year they raised more than �2,900 for good causes and this year they hope to top that.
A collection box is available outside, near a notice board, for people to donate money to St Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower and Barts Hospital in Central London.
Sylvia said: “We always support St Francis, we know they do a fantastic job.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve already had a great response to them, a man knocked at the door on Friday and said he had been saving all his small change from the whole year for us.
“People come from quite a way to see it and donate, we’ve had someone come from Kent before.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
In Cowley Road, Harold Hill, Andrew and Zoe Yeomans are celebrating their new house with a big display.
Andrew, 25, said: “I’ve been putting on displays since I was 13 at my mum’s in Chippenham Road, but I haven’t done one for a couple of years because I’ve been living in a flat. This is our first Christmas in our new home and so we wanted to get in the Christmas spirit.”
See this Friday’s Recorder for more pictures of the festive decorations.
Are you putting on a Christmas lights display? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3796.