Havering pharmacist’s London to Paris cycle ride to raise funds for children’s wards
- Credit: Archant
A pharmacist will be cycling from London to Paris for charity this week.
Dinesh Gupta, 45, who works in Queen’s Hospital’s pharmacy, will be cycling 300 miles starting tomorrow (Wednesday) in Greenwich and finishing on Sunday.
Although he has run the London Marathon previously, he said he had never taken on a cycle challenge previously.
He said: “I have never done anything like this before, so I have been cycling about 100 miles a week to train.
“I have only cycled as a hobby in the past and I enjoyed it so I thought it was a good opportunity to raise money.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I’m hoping to raise funds for the children’s wards in Barking, Havering and Redbridge Trust University Hospitals.
“These wards do a great job every day caring for sick children, some with life-limiting illness. I have seen first hand the dedication and professionalism of all the nursing, medical and other support staff, working as they do with limited resources.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
To sponsor Dinesh you can log on to his fundraising site at www.justgiving.com/dineshgupta