Havering Olympic torch route announced
Road-by-road details of the route the Olympic torch will take in Havering have been announced today (Monday March 19).
Thousands of residents are expected to turn out to cheer on specially-chosen torchbearers as they carry the flame across the borough, on Sunday July 22
The torch will cross into Havering from Barking and Dagenham, in London Road, at 1.16pm, according to organisers.
It will be carried into St Edwards’ Way roundabout, up Romford High Street, before looping around the Market Place.
It will then travel the length of South Street, touching briefly into Rom Valley Way, before hitting Roneo Corner.
You may also want to watch:
Runners will next bear it along Hornchurch Road, before turning left into Billet Lane, crossing the green at the Queen’s Theatre, and linking into North Street.
From there it will move into the High Street, down Station Lane and Suttons Lane, and into Airfield Way.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
It will then travel left into South End Road, before moving into Rainham Road, Bridge Road, and Viking Way.
The torch will make a u-turn into Upminster Road South, and finish for the day in the Broadway.