Havering Olympic torch route announced
Road-by-road details of the route the Olympic torch will take in Havering have been announced today (Monday March 19).
Thousands of residents are expected to turn out to cheer on specially-chosen torchbearers as they carry the flame across the borough, on Sunday July 22
The torch will cross into Havering from Barking and Dagenham, in London Road, at 1.16pm, according to organisers.
It will be carried into St Edwards’ Way roundabout, up Romford High Street, before looping around the Market Place.
It will then travel the length of South Street, touching briefly into Rom Valley Way, before hitting Roneo Corner.
Runners will next bear it along Hornchurch Road, before turning left into Billet Lane, crossing the green at the Queen’s Theatre, and linking into North Street.
From there it will move into the High Street, down Station Lane and Suttons Lane, and into Airfield Way.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 3 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
It will then travel left into South End Road, before moving into Rainham Road, Bridge Road, and Viking Way.
The torch will make a u-turn into Upminster Road South, and finish for the day in the Broadway.