Havering nurse, Maureen Kanabar shortlisted for Great London Care Awards
A Havering nurse has been nominated for a national carer award.
Maureen Kanabar, who works as an admiral nurse at North East London NHS Foundation Trust is celebrating after being shortlisted for this year’s Dementia Carer award for this year’s Great London Care Awards.
Maureen said: “I feel really honoured to have been nominated for this award, but the carers I work with are tghe ones who should really be rewarded.”
Maureen has been a nurse since 1979, but has been specialising in dementia for the past ten years.
She has worked as an admiral nurse in Havering since May 2009 and was nominated for the award by the carer of a patient with Dementia.
You may also want to watch:
The carer, whose husband has Dementia, said that she considers herself “one of the fortunate carers, who amidst the traumas and heartache of losing someone that no longer recognises me, has known an oustanding caring professional admiral nurse by the name of Maureen.”
Maureen, who also runs the Havering Alzheimer Cafe said: “It is a fabulous post and I often feel very privileged to work with the amazing carers on our case list.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“I think we learn as much from the carrers as they do from us.”
She added: “They are an inspirational group of people who, through their dedication and love are able to care for a loved one with Dementia and manage to make such a difference to that person’s life.”
The care awards, are part of the Great British Care Awards, and it celebrates excellence in social and health care and pays tribute to those who work in the sector.