Havering Music Makers will bring love and laughter to Queen’s Theatre with Anything Goes musical
- Credit: Getty Images
A Havering musical group jump aboard the S. S. American in the latest musical to show at Hornchurch’s Queen’s Theatre later this month.
Anything Goes is a musical filled with love, laughter and madcap antics perfect for all of the family.
The show stars an array of different characters, such as an evangelist-turned-nightclub singer, a lovelorn stockbroker, who’s trying to woo a lovely debutante, the debutante’s British lord fiancé, and a gangster disguised as a minister that all board a luxury cruise liner for singing, dance and romance.
Some of Broadway’s most memorable songs written by Cole Porter, including I Get a Kick Out of You, You’re the Top, and of course, Anything Goes will be performed in the show.
Sue Howlett, chairwoman of Havering Music Makers said: “Anything Goes is a classic musical packed with show-stopping songs that guarantees theatregoers a fantastic afternoon or evening of entertainment.”
You may also want to watch:
Havering Music Makers is working with new director, Lee Thompson, for their latest performance.
Commenting on the new director, Sue added: “He has put us through our paces to create a high-energy show that everyone will enjoy.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances
Louise Ford, who is playing the role of Emma, said: “It’s been so much fun rehearsing for Anything Goes. The show has wonderful comedic moments, fantastic songs and high-energy dance numbers.
“The whole cast has worked incredibly hard through some rather hot British summer evenings and weekends to put on what will be a brilliant show.
“I hope people can make it to the Queen’s Theatre this week to see it.”
Havering Music Makers aim to provide opportunities for involvement in musical theatre for adults and children.
Their last music production at Queen’s Theatre was Fiddler in the Roof last July and they are preparing to perform Titanic some time this summer.
Performances of Anything Goes will run from 19-21 July.
The show will begin at 7.30pm with a matinee performance at 2.30pm on Saturday July 21.
Tickets cost £17.50 for adults, and £15.50 for concessions, and can be ordered from the Queen’s Theatre box office on 01708 443 333 or online at queens-theatre.co.uk.