Havering Mind raising money towards garden project
- Credit: Ciaran White
A mental health charity in Hornchurch is raising funds to redevelop its garden at Harrow Lodge House.
Havering Mind’s Mind Garden Project 2021 aims to create a “large useable space” which is beneficial for its service users.
The project has been launched as a result of the pandemic eradicating its usual way of operating, with face-to-face groups and activities no longer permitted.
Eighteen people have backed the project so far via Crowdfunder, raising £4,465; a total of £14,766 is the project's goal.
Once the funds have been raised, improvements - such as a surfaced deck area that can accommodate up to 20 people and a disabled accessible walkway through the garden - will be made.
You may also want to watch:
Further improvements include three seating areas, an allotment space, improved fencing to aid privacy and security and storage facilities for tools.
Havering Mind fundraising manager Ciaran White said: “This will be a fantastic opportunity for us to get the community involved in our recovery from Covid, by creating a great new space which our clients can utilise."
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
The charity aims to complete the project in September this year.
Donate to the project at https://www.spacehive.com/haveringmindgarden