Havering Mayor to open new Age UK shop in Romford
The Mayor of Havering will open a new charity shop on Thursday next week.
Cllr Lynden Thorpe will unveil the new Age UK premises in South Street, Romford.
Members of the public are invited to attend the event where there will be refreshments, goodie bags, music and more from 11am-12.30pm.
Age UK London’s Romford shop is a bright and stylish new retail hub, offering a range of Age UK products and services for the over-50s, selling new and donated items and providing free information and advice, from Age UK Redbridge.
Profits from the shop go towards charitable services and improving the lives of older Londoners.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Mauger, Chief Executive of Age UK London, said “We are very happy to launch Age UK London’s Romford Hub, which will bring the very best of Age UK products and services to the local high street.”
- 1 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 6 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault