Havering Mayor to open new Age UK shop in Romford
The Mayor of Havering will open a new charity shop on Thursday next week.
Cllr Lynden Thorpe will unveil the new Age UK premises in South Street, Romford.
Members of the public are invited to attend the event where there will be refreshments, goodie bags, music and more from 11am-12.30pm.
Age UK London’s Romford shop is a bright and stylish new retail hub, offering a range of Age UK products and services for the over-50s, selling new and donated items and providing free information and advice, from Age UK Redbridge.
Profits from the shop go towards charitable services and improving the lives of older Londoners.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Mauger, Chief Executive of Age UK London, said “We are very happy to launch Age UK London’s Romford Hub, which will bring the very best of Age UK products and services to the local high street.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London