Havering hit by heavy snowfall
HAVERING residents woke up this morning to find snow and arctic temperatures had hit the borough.
At least two inches of snow spread throughout Havering from last night on Monday November 29 and in the early hours of this morning Tuesday November 30.
A number of Primary and Secondary Schools have been forced to shut their doors because of the disruption caused by the heavy snow fall.
Havering Council officers were out from Monday November 29 gritting the priority roads to prepare for today’s huge snow fall. Train and bus services are reported to still be running but have been disrupted by the weather.
Drivers have also been advised to check the road conditions and weather forecasts before they travel.
You may also want to watch:
Forecasters have also predicted that the bad weather is set to head into the rest of the week with more snow, sleet and ice predicted.
The following schools are open: Benhurst Primary; Brady Primary; Branfil Primary; Broadford Primary; Brookside Infants; Chafford; Coopers Coborn; Crowlands Primary; Elm Park Primary; Engayne Primary; Gaynes; Gidea Park Primary; Hacton Primary; Hall Mead; Harold Court Primary; Hylands Primary; James Oglethorpe Primary; La Salette Primary; Marshalls Park; Mead Primary; Mitchell Primary; Newtons Primary; Parklands Infants, Parklands Junior; Parsonage Farm Primary; Pinewood Primary; Rainham Village Primary; Rise Park Infants; Rise Park Junior; Royal Liberty; Sacred Heart of Mary; Scargill Junior; Scargill Infants; St Alban’s Primary; St Edwards’s Comprehensive; St Joseph’s Primary; St Patrick’s Primary; St Peter’s Primary; St Mary’s Primary; St Ursula’s Junior; St Ursula’s Infants; Scotts Primary; Squirrel’s Heath Infants; Squirrel’s Heath Junior; Suttons Primary; Towers Infants; Towers Junior; Whybridge Junior; Upminster Infants; Upminster Junior; Dycorts; Ravensbourne.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
The following schools are closed: Abbs Cross; Albany; Ardleigh Green Infants; Ardleigh Green Junior, Bower Park; Brittons; Brookside Junior; Corbets Tey; Clockhouse Primary; Crownfield Infants; Crownfield Junior; Crownfield Infants & Juniors, Dame Tipping Primary; Drapers Academy; Emerson Park; Frances Bardsley, Harold Wood Primary; Hilldene Primary; Langtons Infants; Langtons Junior; Mawney Primary; Pyrgo Priory Primary; Redden Court; Whybridge Infants; Wykeham Primary; Corbets Tey; Havering Tuition Centre
Do you have any pictures of the snow or have you built a snow man that you are proud of?
If so send in your pictures to the Recorder on email@example.com