Havering hit by a spate of crashes on icy roads
A spate of crashes have been reported in Havering due to the arctic weather conditions.
Police were called out to up to a dozen road accidents overnight on Tuesday February 7 and today (Wednesday February 8).
There were no serious injuries reported.
Road closures were put in place last night in Briscoe Road at the junction with Upminster Road South and Lambs Lane at the junction of Upminster Road North, Rainham.
Firefighters from Hornchurch Fire Station were also called out to help free a man from his blue Ford Focus in Gerpins Lane junction with Warwick Lane, Rainham yesterday at 8.38am after his car got stuck in a ditch.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were on the scene for half an hour.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel