Havering ‘games makers’ eye festive top spot with charity single
Alex Day isn’t the only Havering performer eyeing the Christmas number one spot this year – two Olympic volunteers are hoping to take the title as part of a national choir.
Helen Bryant, of Gidea Park, and Sarah Wilding, of Hornchurch, will join hundreds of other “games makers” across the country to sing “I Wish for You the World” live and on TV in the coming weeks.
The pair, both 50, do not feature on the recorded version of the song – but both appear in the games makers choir that is promoting the song, which would mean performing on Top of the Pops at Christmas should it enter at number one.
“The words are very profound,” said Helen, of Upper Brentwood Road. “The guy who wrote it has written other sporting anthems.
“Christmas number one would be our ambition. It’s all for charity so the more we sell the more we raise.”
You may also want to watch:
“I Wish for You the World” will be released on Decca this Sunday, December 16, with proceeds donated to the British Olympic Foundation and British Paralympic Association.
The charities help young people pursue their Olympic and Paralympic dreams.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
“I Wish for You the World” will be available from digital retailers such as iTunes, 7digital and Amazon.
The choir is up against Hornchurch lad Alex Day, who is hoping to take the crown with his single “Stupid Stupid”.