Havering ‘games makers’ eye festive top spot with charity single
Alex Day isn’t the only Havering performer eyeing the Christmas number one spot this year – two Olympic volunteers are hoping to take the title as part of a national choir.
Helen Bryant, of Gidea Park, and Sarah Wilding, of Hornchurch, will join hundreds of other “games makers” across the country to sing “I Wish for You the World” live and on TV in the coming weeks.
The pair, both 50, do not feature on the recorded version of the song – but both appear in the games makers choir that is promoting the song, which would mean performing on Top of the Pops at Christmas should it enter at number one.
“The words are very profound,” said Helen, of Upper Brentwood Road. “The guy who wrote it has written other sporting anthems.
“Christmas number one would be our ambition. It’s all for charity so the more we sell the more we raise.”
You may also want to watch:
“I Wish for You the World” will be released on Decca this Sunday, December 16, with proceeds donated to the British Olympic Foundation and British Paralympic Association.
The charities help young people pursue their Olympic and Paralympic dreams.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“I Wish for You the World” will be available from digital retailers such as iTunes, 7digital and Amazon.
The choir is up against Hornchurch lad Alex Day, who is hoping to take the crown with his single “Stupid Stupid”.