Havering first of London Mayor’s Biking Boroughs to host cycling event
HAVERING will be the first of London Mayor Boris Johnson’s Biking Boroughs to host a dedicated cycling event this year.
Called Havering Bikewise, the day will include performances by stunt cyclists, a cycle polo tournament and led bike rides.
The activities will take place on Sunday, March 6 at Hornchurch Country Park and will be free.
Cllr Barry Tebbutt, Havering Council’s cabinet member for the environment, said: “Cycling is a great way to get around, as well as having benefits for our health and wallets.
“With a new cycling greenway under construction in the borough, there has never been a better time to get in the saddle.
You may also want to watch:
“From children to adults, experienced and novice cyclists, this event is aimed at everyone and I hope lots of people will come along to find out more.”
As well as watching displays from the MAD BMX Display Team, activities will include a bungee trampoline, face painting, balloon modelling and a bouncy castle.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
The polo tournament will feature teams of three cyclists playing against one another, with a trophy awarded to the winners.
There will also be a range of exhibitors with bikes and cycle equipment for sale.