Havering first of London Mayor’s Biking Boroughs to host cycling event
HAVERING will be the first of London Mayor Boris Johnson’s Biking Boroughs to host a dedicated cycling event this year.
Called Havering Bikewise, the day will include performances by stunt cyclists, a cycle polo tournament and led bike rides.
The activities will take place on Sunday, March 6 at Hornchurch Country Park and will be free.
Cllr Barry Tebbutt, Havering Council’s cabinet member for the environment, said: “Cycling is a great way to get around, as well as having benefits for our health and wallets.
“With a new cycling greenway under construction in the borough, there has never been a better time to get in the saddle.
You may also want to watch:
“From children to adults, experienced and novice cyclists, this event is aimed at everyone and I hope lots of people will come along to find out more.”
As well as watching displays from the MAD BMX Display Team, activities will include a bungee trampoline, face painting, balloon modelling and a bouncy castle.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
The polo tournament will feature teams of three cyclists playing against one another, with a trophy awarded to the winners.
There will also be a range of exhibitors with bikes and cycle equipment for sale.