Havering councillor to run half-marathon to raise money for children’s hospice
- Credit: submitted
A Havering councillor will be running the Brentwood Half-Marathon to raise money for a children’s charity.
Cllr Clarence Barrett, leader of the Residents’ Association, is aiming to raise £500 for Little Haven’s Children’s Hospice, which provides support and services for children suffering from illnesses and their families.
Over the past few years, Cllr Barrett has undertaken a number of charity fundraising challenges including the London Marathon, abseiling down the YMCA building in Romford and skydiving from 12,000 ft in aid of children’s charity First Step.
His latest fundraising effort will be on March 24.
He said: “As I’m still recovering from the London Marathon last year, my target this year is to run the Brentwood Half Marathon. This is a fantastic charity which provides care, support and respite for youngsters not expected to reach adulthood because of a life-limiting or life-threatening condition.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone would like to sponsor me for this event and help this very deserving cause I would be most grateful.”
You can sponsor Cllr Barrett, by logging on to www.justgiving.com/cllrclarencebarrett7 or by calling 07863 116029.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor