Havering councillor to run half-marathon to raise money for children’s hospice
- Credit: submitted
A Havering councillor will be running the Brentwood Half-Marathon to raise money for a children’s charity.
Cllr Clarence Barrett, leader of the Residents’ Association, is aiming to raise £500 for Little Haven’s Children’s Hospice, which provides support and services for children suffering from illnesses and their families.
Over the past few years, Cllr Barrett has undertaken a number of charity fundraising challenges including the London Marathon, abseiling down the YMCA building in Romford and skydiving from 12,000 ft in aid of children’s charity First Step.
His latest fundraising effort will be on March 24.
He said: “As I’m still recovering from the London Marathon last year, my target this year is to run the Brentwood Half Marathon. This is a fantastic charity which provides care, support and respite for youngsters not expected to reach adulthood because of a life-limiting or life-threatening condition.
“If anyone would like to sponsor me for this event and help this very deserving cause I would be most grateful.”
You can sponsor Cllr Barrett, by logging on to www.justgiving.com/cllrclarencebarrett7 or by calling 07863 116029.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?