Havering Councillor nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Havering Councillor has been nominated for a national award.
Cllr Andrew Curtin, Cabinet member for Culture, Towns and Communities has been shortlisted for the Bruce-Lockhart member scholarship in the C’llr Achievement Awards.
The awards is in its fourth year and is run by The Local Government Information Unit (LGiU) and recognises and rewards individual councillors from across the country and political spectrum.
Cllr Curtin applied for the scholarship, which was established in recognition of the outstanding contribution to Local Government of former Kent County Council Leader and LGA Chairman, Lord Sandy Bruce-Lockhart.
He had to put forward a project proposal that the whole community would be able to benefit from.
You may also want to watch:
If he wins the award, he will be given £10,000 to put his project into place.
The winners of the awards are set to be announced at the award ceremony on Monday February 25 with guests including Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, MP Eric Pickles.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
Dr Jonathan Carr-West, acting chief exxecutive of LGiU said: “Councillors can often represent the unsung heroes of their community so the awards provide a fantastic chance to celebrate their achievements.
“We would personally like to thank all those who took the time to make a nomination.”