Havering Councillor nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Havering Councillor has been nominated for a national award.
Cllr Andrew Curtin, Cabinet member for Culture, Towns and Communities has been shortlisted for the Bruce-Lockhart member scholarship in the C’llr Achievement Awards.
The awards is in its fourth year and is run by The Local Government Information Unit (LGiU) and recognises and rewards individual councillors from across the country and political spectrum.
Cllr Curtin applied for the scholarship, which was established in recognition of the outstanding contribution to Local Government of former Kent County Council Leader and LGA Chairman, Lord Sandy Bruce-Lockhart.
He had to put forward a project proposal that the whole community would be able to benefit from.
You may also want to watch:
If he wins the award, he will be given £10,000 to put his project into place.
The winners of the awards are set to be announced at the award ceremony on Monday February 25 with guests including Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, MP Eric Pickles.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission
Dr Jonathan Carr-West, acting chief exxecutive of LGiU said: “Councillors can often represent the unsung heroes of their community so the awards provide a fantastic chance to celebrate their achievements.
“We would personally like to thank all those who took the time to make a nomination.”