Havering councillor gears up to run in a half marathon next weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Havering councillor is gearing up to run in a half-marathon and is urging people to help him reach his £500 fundraising target.
Cllr Clarence Barrett, leader of the Residents’ Association, has been training for the challenge on March 24 and aims to raise money for Little Haven’s Children’s Hospice, which provides support and services for children suffering from illnesses and their families.
But he is still £200 off his target and is appealing for help to reach it before the challenge.
Cllr Barrett said: “While I won’t be breaking any records, running 13 miles will still be quite a challenge. It will be worth every step as I will be raising funds for the Little Havens Children’s Hospice.”
The challenge is the latest in Cllr Barrett’s fundraising efforts, which include the London Marathon last year, abseiling down the YMCA building in Romford and skydiving to raise money for First Step.
You may also want to watch:
You can sponsor Cllr Barrett, by logging on to www.justgiving.com/cllrclarencebarrett7 or by calling 07863 116029.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites