Havering Council’s energy switching scheme extended
- Credit: Archant
Residents still have time to sign up to the council’s energy switching scheme.
Havering Council has extended the registration period to Tuesday January 29 for the scheme that allows residents to get the best deals and to save on their energy bills.
Cllr Barry Tebbutt, cabinet member for environment said: “Extending this popular scheme will give more people a chance to sign up in the New Year. If more people sign up to the scheme we will have extra bargaining power which means that we will be able to offer a better deal.”
More than 14,000 people have signed up to the scheme, so far, which is being run in partnership with 11 other councils – making it the biggest local authority led collective switching scheme in the UK.
In recent days the number of registrations has increased dramatically and people are signing up at the rate of about 800 a day nationally.
You may also want to watch:
All those who have already signed up to scheme will not need to re-register.
The suppliers who submit the lowest price will win the auction.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Once the auction closes, the switching company the council is working with, iChoosr, will find the best deal.
Participants will then be contacted in February with information about the best offer and the savings they could get by switching. They will then have the opportunity to switch to the energy company if they choose and take advantage of the offer.
To register visit www.readytoswitch.co.uk or call Havering Citizens Advice Bureau on 01708 763531.