Havering Council names new acting director of children’s services
- Credit: Archant
Havering Council has appointed a new acting director of children’s services.
Robert South is taking over the role from Tim Aldridge, who has been appointed by Newham Council.
Robert joined Havering in 2016 as a head of service before being promoted a year later to assistant director.
He has contributed to the implementation of Face-to-Face Havering, which has brought in a more relationship-based way of working with children and families.
Education regulator Ofsted inspected the borough's children's services last year, rating them 'good' overall.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: "My passion is to continue to build upon our good work in a way that actively involves communities and the people we support in the way services are run, to ensure we meet their ever changing needs.
The council said Jane Carroll, former head of service, will fill Robert's role as acting assistant director of children's care.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 6 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?