School meal funding extended through summer holidays
- Credit: Havering Council
Free meals will continue to be available to children through the summer holidays to ensure families are supported as pandemic restrictions are eased.
Havering Council is carrying on funding the School Holiday Meal Scheme, which provides families with money for food during the holidays to replace the meals a child would be given at school.
Cllr Damian White, leader of Havering Council, said: “Our ongoing support for vulnerable households means we will be once again funding meals during the school holiday to ensure that no Havering child goes hungry over the summer.
“Despite the signs that lockdown is easing, we know that many families and individuals continue to feel the effect of the pandemic financially, and we are committed to continuing to help them get through these difficult months.”
Families that already receive payment through the scheme do not need to reapply and will receive funds by Monday, July 26.
You may also want to watch:
Eligible families can apply to receive £90 per child from 9am on Monday, July 19.
Applications close on Friday, July 23 at 5pm. Eligible families will receive payment on Thursday, July 29.
To check the eligibility criteria, go to https://www.havering.gov.uk/covid19mealsupport.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
The application form will also be shown on this page from July 19.