Havering College students get masterclass with West Ham footballers
Sports students were able to find out first hand about the diet and lifestyle of footballers.
Rising West Ham stars Dan Potts and Rob Hall stopped off at Havering College of Further And Higher Education recently.
Havering College lecturer in Sport Stacy Birchall said: “To have two active first team premier league footballers coming in and giving a talk to the class about their diet and lifestyle has been a fantastic experience.
“The students have said it was so much better for them to get the information from actual professional athletes, rather than reading it in books. It will inspire them to try even harder on their course.
“Many of them are West Ham fans and they loved having the opportunity to have their pictures taken with the players.”
You may also want to watch:
The players, who have both made first team appearances after graduting from the West Ham Academy held a masterclass on the secrets of sports science.
They also spoke about how they have to adhere to a health dietary and lifestyle regime.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
The visit was to help the students on the BTEC Diploma in Sports courses with their module on Althletes’ Lifestyles.
For more information on the sport courses at the college email firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.havering-college.ac.uk