Havering College open day
- Credit: Archant
Meet the tutors and take a tour of the facilities at Havering College of Further and Higher Education next week.
The college is holding an open day at its Quarles Campus in Tring Gardens, Harold Hill, on Wednesday January 23 from 4.30pm-8pm.
The event is an opportunity for young people leaving school this summer to discuss the courses they are interested in with expert advisors from the college.
There will also be information on apprenticeships.
Visitors will be able to test their skills at a variety of have-a-go activities and experience the Jubilee Restaurant with food tasters prepared by the college’s Catering and Hospitality students.
You may also want to watch:
The Havering College Realistic Opportunities for Supported Employment (ROSE) programme is staging an information market place as part of the Quarles Campus Open Day event.
Visitors can also get information on helping young people wit h learning difficulties and disabilities to prepare for the transition from school to college and then into employment.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
There will be stands from a wide range of providers, creating a one-stop shop for information on Havering College courses and programmes, supported holidays, leisure activities, volunteer opportunities, supported living and future work opportunities.
For further information visit the website at www.havering-college.ac.uk, email email@example.com or call course enquiries on 01708 462801.