Havering brother and sister run for charity
A brother and sister from Havering have raised almost �700 by taking part in a half marathon over the weekend.
Andrew, 31, and Danielle Smith, 23, took part in the Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday.
The 13.5 mile run saw them go across eight Royal parks in London including Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Regent’s Park, The Green Park, St James’ Park, Richmond Park and Greenwich Park.
The money raised will go to Abbeyfield, a national charity which provides companionship to older people who may be lonely. It also has supported living houses throughout the country, include two in Romford, one in Gidea Park and one in Chadwell Heath.
The siblings were among celebrity runners including Tana Ramsey, Charlie Webster and Adrian Moorhouse during the run.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew, an engineer, of Ethelburga Road, Harold Wood, said: “It went really well and it was a really good day. It was difficult, but I had been training for five months before it. I am really pleased with my time too.”
He completed the half marathon in 2 hours 11 minutes, while Danielle, who is a personal trainer at Absolute Gym, in Romford, completed it in 2 hours 30 minutes.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission
They raised �380 and �300 respectively.