Haven House Children’s Hospice makes plea for volunteers during special week
- Credit: Haven Hospice
People are being urged to help a children’s hospice raise cash to help support its work in providing care for terminally ill children.
Haven House Children’s Hospice, based in Woodford Green, supports many sick children from Havering.
The charity made the plea to coincide with National Volunteering Week, which runs between Thursday, June 1, and Wednesday, June 7.
But Haven House – which provides care for 650 children and has 350 volunteers a year - will extend the special week to Monday.
Volunteer manager, Amanda Thorogood said: “The volunteering opportunities are endless and by giving your time; even a couple of hours a month; you can help make a big difference to life-limited children and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity also needs volunteers for its Summer Fair on Sunday, July 2, and in its four charity shops
To find out how you can help, click here.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?