Harry Redknapp: John Still could manage England
WITH his mind set on establishing his own club in League One, John Still may have been surprised to hear his name mentioned on Sky Sports News in the past few days.
In between discussions about Wayne Rooney’s private life and Mikel Arteta’s nationality, there was a high-profile Premier League manager signing his praises.
“There are people out there in the lower divisions who could do my job, without a doubt,” said Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp.
“John Still at Dagenham & Redbridge could do my job. Understands the game, fantastic on the game. Never gets a chance to manage in the Premier League.
“There’s loads of lads around like that, who just don’t get the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been one of the lucky ones to get the chance to manage at the top level. If you’ve got good players, managing England wouldn’t be that difficult. And we’ve got good players, so I’m sure somebody out there could do it.”
Current England boss Fabio Capello has said he intends to leave the post after Euro 2012.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Two more promotions with Daggers before then should make the search for his replacement a one-horse race!