Harry Redknapp: John Still could manage England
WITH his mind set on establishing his own club in League One, John Still may have been surprised to hear his name mentioned on Sky Sports News in the past few days.
In between discussions about Wayne Rooney’s private life and Mikel Arteta’s nationality, there was a high-profile Premier League manager signing his praises.
“There are people out there in the lower divisions who could do my job, without a doubt,” said Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp.
“John Still at Dagenham & Redbridge could do my job. Understands the game, fantastic on the game. Never gets a chance to manage in the Premier League.
“There’s loads of lads around like that, who just don’t get the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been one of the lucky ones to get the chance to manage at the top level. If you’ve got good players, managing England wouldn’t be that difficult. And we’ve got good players, so I’m sure somebody out there could do it.”
Current England boss Fabio Capello has said he intends to leave the post after Euro 2012.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Two more promotions with Daggers before then should make the search for his replacement a one-horse race!