Harry Redknapp: John Still could manage England
WITH his mind set on establishing his own club in League One, John Still may have been surprised to hear his name mentioned on Sky Sports News in the past few days.
In between discussions about Wayne Rooney’s private life and Mikel Arteta’s nationality, there was a high-profile Premier League manager signing his praises.
“There are people out there in the lower divisions who could do my job, without a doubt,” said Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp.
“John Still at Dagenham & Redbridge could do my job. Understands the game, fantastic on the game. Never gets a chance to manage in the Premier League.
“There’s loads of lads around like that, who just don’t get the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been one of the lucky ones to get the chance to manage at the top level. If you’ve got good players, managing England wouldn’t be that difficult. And we’ve got good players, so I’m sure somebody out there could do it.”
Current England boss Fabio Capello has said he intends to leave the post after Euro 2012.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
Two more promotions with Daggers before then should make the search for his replacement a one-horse race!