Harry Redknapp: John Still could manage England
WITH his mind set on establishing his own club in League One, John Still may have been surprised to hear his name mentioned on Sky Sports News in the past few days.
In between discussions about Wayne Rooney’s private life and Mikel Arteta’s nationality, there was a high-profile Premier League manager signing his praises.
“There are people out there in the lower divisions who could do my job, without a doubt,” said Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp.
“John Still at Dagenham & Redbridge could do my job. Understands the game, fantastic on the game. Never gets a chance to manage in the Premier League.
“There’s loads of lads around like that, who just don’t get the opportunity.
“I’ve been one of the lucky ones to get the chance to manage at the top level. If you’ve got good players, managing England wouldn’t be that difficult. And we’ve got good players, so I’m sure somebody out there could do it.”
Current England boss Fabio Capello has said he intends to leave the post after Euro 2012.
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 5 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 6 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 7 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 8 Buckman backs Clarke to make mark with Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 Harold Hill landlord accused of housing tenants in unsafe property
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
Two more promotions with Daggers before then should make the search for his replacement a one-horse race!