Harold Wood kitchen fire could have been caused by child playing with cooker
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire believed to be caused by a child playing with the buttons on a cooker.
Crews from Harold Hill fire station were called to the blaze in Copperfields Way, Harold Wood at around 10.30pm yesterday (Thursday February 2).
When firefighters arrrived at the scene a woman and a two-year-old girl had already left the property.
The fire is believed to have started by the child playing with the buttons on the cooker.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “My only advice would be to install a gate at the entrance of the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
“In this case the child had clearly seen the mum switching on the cooker and copied her without realising the risks.”
Around 10% of the kitchen has been damaged by the blaze.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre