Harold Wood garages badly damaged by fire
- Credit: sub
Firefighters spent two and a half hours extinguishing a pair of garages that had caught fire, damaging a car and other items.
No one was hurt in the blaze, which was reported in Jarvis Way, Harold Wood, just before 3am today.
The single-storey garages, which are detached from their corresponding houses, had pitched, tiled roofs.
One of them had only been used for storage, but its neighbouring garage contained a car, which was damaged.
It is not known what caused the fire, but police are not treating it as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there? Call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals