Harold Wood Bridge Club raises funds for St Francis Hospice
A bridge club raised �1,000 for St Francis Hospice.
Harold Wood Bridge Club based at the Harold Wood Neighbourhood Centre in Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood held its annual charity pairs event in aid of the Havering-atte-Bower hospice on October 27.
The event saw 64 people taking part including the St Francis Hospice Patron John McKernan.
The club’s senior bridge director John Buckley presented a cheque for �1,000 to John McKernan at the event.
He said: “A please evening was had by all and we are pleased to offer our continued support to St Francis Hospice, which hels so many local people and their families who are affected by life-limitting illnesses.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 753 319.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals