Harold Hill shed catches fire after man burns sofa at 9.30pm

Picture: PA

Picture: PA - Credit: sub

Burning a sofa in his back garden sparked difficulties for a Harold Hill man last night.

The man, of Lavender Close, had set light to some rubbish after dark.

Unfortunately, the flames began to encroach on his shed, and the fire brigade had to be called.

Firefighters from Harold Hill and Romford got to his house at about 9.30pm and had the blaze under control within 15 minutes.

Were you there? Call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail ramzy.alwakeel@archant.co.uk.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter