Harold Hill man charged with sexually touching girl, 12, at Havering Show
- Credit: Archant
A 46-year-old man has been charged with sexually touching a 12-year-old girl and sexually assaulting another aged 16, at the Havering Show.
Adrian Alexander, of Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, was arrested at the event in Harrow Park Lodge, Hornchurch, and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Police were called to the show at around 2pm on Sunday and arrested him at the scene.
He was remanded in custody for the one count of sexual assault and one of assaulting a girl under 13 by touching her. He will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on September 10.
A Havering Council spokesman said: “Police received a complaint from a member of the public and we’re pleased to say they responded swiftly and arrested a man. The individual was not a member of council staff.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge