Harold Hill man appears on television dating show
A Harold Hill juggler bagged himself a date on an ITV dating show last Saturday.
Chris Brown, 33, was on the popular programme Take Me Out in an attempt to combat his shyness when chatting up women.
Mr Brown, a professional juggler who goes by the name Crystal Wizard, said: “I am easy going, but was shy when it came to talking to someone I liked.
“The show was a good experience and it did a lot for my confidence.”
He added: “Generally I was having a bit of a laugh and seeing what would happen.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m used to being on stage, but I got pre-show nerves before filming.”
The show has rounds showing different sides to the contestant’s personality. The 30 women decide if they want to go on a date with him during each stage.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
In the first round Mr Brown, from Dorking Road, come down in a Love Lift, which was the first time the women saw him, wearing a wizard’s cloak.
He said: “The producers wanted me to wear it. I think it caught some of the girls off guard.”
For his “talent” he juggled a crystal ball, which he said impressed all but one of the ladies. After a video of himself and his juggling club he only had one girl remaining!
He said although he was not sure he would have picked Kate himself he was pleased to have a date with her.
Mr Brown said: “I was thinking she was not my kind of girl, but then she said it to me first. After that we had a laugh about it and enjoyed the date.”
The couple was whisked off to Tenerife for their date which included a Tai Chi lesson on the beach, and cocktails by the pool.
And despite not dating after the show the pair will still be keeping in touch.