Harold Hill lit up with a bang for Christmas
Harold Hill was lit up last week at a special event.
Father Christmas, fairground rides and local school choirs helped make the festive event go off with a bang on Thursday last week.
The Mayor of Havering Cllr Lynden Thorpe switched on the lights, with local history filmmaker and Phoenix FM presenter Mike Jones performing as master of ceremonies.
A statement from the Harold Hill Festival Committee said: “The committee thought that Light Up Harold Hill was a well-attended, enjoyable festive event for all the family.
“Our mascot, Harry the Squirrel, particularly enjoyed the local childrens’ choirs.
You may also want to watch:
“We were also pleased to see so much support for the Harold Hill Festival with 20 people signing up to volunteer at our 2013 event.
“If people want to find out more or volunteer with us they can do so via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/haroldhillfestival).”
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford