Harold Hill lit up with a bang for Christmas
Harold Hill was lit up last week at a special event.
Father Christmas, fairground rides and local school choirs helped make the festive event go off with a bang on Thursday last week.
The Mayor of Havering Cllr Lynden Thorpe switched on the lights, with local history filmmaker and Phoenix FM presenter Mike Jones performing as master of ceremonies.
A statement from the Harold Hill Festival Committee said: “The committee thought that Light Up Harold Hill was a well-attended, enjoyable festive event for all the family.
“Our mascot, Harry the Squirrel, particularly enjoyed the local childrens’ choirs.
You may also want to watch:
“We were also pleased to see so much support for the Harold Hill Festival with 20 people signing up to volunteer at our 2013 event.
“If people want to find out more or volunteer with us they can do so via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/haroldhillfestival).”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’