Harold Hill lifeguard Matt Sallis to be face of premium mag Men’s Health?
A Harold Hill health addict is hoping to be the face of fitness after making the final of a modelling competition.
Matt Sallis, a 22 year-old lifeguard at Central Park Leisure Centre, Harold Hill, and keen athlete. has been shortlisted by Men’s Health as one of the five finalists in line to win The Cover Model Competition 2011.
After undergoing lung surgery only two years ago, Matt, from Bridgwater Road, has worked hard to improve his fitness and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
He said: “Training, week by week, is never the same as I work shifts. I use this to my advantage as I can use every resource available, whether it’s in the gym, outdoors or in my bedroom.” Matt hopes to return to his marine sports science studies in September this year.
Men’s Health Editor Morgan Rees said, “Yet again we’ve been overwhelmed by both the number and the quality of the entries we’ve received for the Cover Model 2011 competition. Now we’re looking forward to unveiling the ultimate winner who will embody the Men’s Health attitude by being dedicated to the perfection of not just a physique, but a lifestyle.”
You may also want to watch:
The Cover Model 2011 winner will be announced at a special finalists’ dinner hosted by Men’s Health in London where the cover of the October 2011 issue, on sale 5 September, will be revealed.
Readers can vote for Matt at www.menshealth.co.uk.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids