Harold Hill: house fire leaves woman in hospital
Emergency services were called to a house fire in Harold Hill last night (Monday).
Romford firefighters said they rescued an elderly woman from the blaze in the Ramsay Gardens flat at about 8.30pm. The fire was contained to one room and there was no significant damage to the flat.
A crew from Harold Hill also attended.
The woman had a working smoke alarm, which “probably saved her life”, a Romford firefighter added.
The victim was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there? Please call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War