Harold Hill: house fire leaves woman in hospital
Emergency services were called to a house fire in Harold Hill last night (Monday).
Romford firefighters said they rescued an elderly woman from the blaze in the Ramsay Gardens flat at about 8.30pm. The fire was contained to one room and there was no significant damage to the flat.
A crew from Harold Hill also attended.
The woman had a working smoke alarm, which “probably saved her life”, a Romford firefighter added.
The victim was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Were you there? Please call the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?