Children in Need: Harold Court Primary School pupils raise more than £200 with bake off
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Harold Wood primary school put their baking skills to the test to raise money for Children in Need.
Harold Court Primary School in Church Road hosted a Bake Off event on Friday, November 15 and joined schools around the country who took part in Children in Need fundraiser events.
Students raised £292 by baking their own treats at home and then selling them after school on Friday.
Cathryn Smith, design and technology lead at the school, told the Recorder: "We set the children of Harold Court a challenge to get baking in aid of Children in Need.
"The effort from our children and families was outstanding and the teachers had such a hard time choosing winners from the numerous entries we received.
You may also want to watch:
"The votes will be counted and the winners will be announced in assemblies next week."
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 6 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal