Children in Need: Harold Court Primary School pupils raise more than £200 with bake off
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Harold Wood primary school put their baking skills to the test to raise money for Children in Need.
Harold Court Primary School in Church Road hosted a Bake Off event on Friday, November 15 and joined schools around the country who took part in Children in Need fundraiser events.
Students raised £292 by baking their own treats at home and then selling them after school on Friday.
Cathryn Smith, design and technology lead at the school, told the Recorder: "We set the children of Harold Court a challenge to get baking in aid of Children in Need.
"The effort from our children and families was outstanding and the teachers had such a hard time choosing winners from the numerous entries we received.
You may also want to watch:
"The votes will be counted and the winners will be announced in assemblies next week."
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?