Happy New Year for Hornchurch
Urchins get 2011 underway with a win
Hornchurch got the new year off to a winning start at Wealdstone.
Returning to Ryman Premier Division action after a five-week break, Urchins claimed a 3-0 win in north west London to maintain their hold on a play-off place.
Lewis Smith put them on their way, collecting a pass from Martin Tuohy and weaving through to score just past the half-hour mark.
And Smith and Tuohy then combined soon after to find debutant Sam Holloway, whose cross was headed in by Billy Coyne.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy McFarlane’s men had to wait until injury time to claim their third goal, when Joe Benjamin’s shot was saved and Michael Ramkin, making his first appearance in 15 months, slotted home his first for the club.
Hornchurch will now host Romford in an eagerly-anticipated friendly tomorrow (Tuesday, 7.30pm), after Boro saw their Division One North clash at Leyton postponed at the weekend due to problems with the boiler serving the dressing rooms at the Hare & Hounds ground.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Admission at Bridge Avenue tomorrow is just two pounds.