Happy New Year for Hornchurch
Urchins get 2011 underway with a win
Hornchurch got the new year off to a winning start at Wealdstone.
Returning to Ryman Premier Division action after a five-week break, Urchins claimed a 3-0 win in north west London to maintain their hold on a play-off place.
Lewis Smith put them on their way, collecting a pass from Martin Tuohy and weaving through to score just past the half-hour mark.
And Smith and Tuohy then combined soon after to find debutant Sam Holloway, whose cross was headed in by Billy Coyne.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men had to wait until injury time to claim their third goal, when Joe Benjamin’s shot was saved and Michael Ramkin, making his first appearance in 15 months, slotted home his first for the club.
Hornchurch will now host Romford in an eagerly-anticipated friendly tomorrow (Tuesday, 7.30pm), after Boro saw their Division One North clash at Leyton postponed at the weekend due to problems with the boiler serving the dressing rooms at the Hare & Hounds ground.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Admission at Bridge Avenue tomorrow is just two pounds.