Hammers unveil home shirt for the new season
- Credit: whufc
1980s retro look for the new kit
Hammers today unveiled their new Adidas home kit for the 2014/15 season
Fans can get kitted out for the new Barclays Premier League season with the claret home shirt, which features a sky blue trim, two-colour overlapping v-neck and white engineered pinstripes.
The pinstripe design evokes memories of the classic shirts of the mid-80s, worn by the likes of Tony Cottee and Frank McAvennie, as they helped the club achieve its highest ever league position.
Hammers player Stewart Downing was among the first to try on the new kit and he gave it his seal of approval.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I like it – it’s a nice colour and a nice fit. The players are happy with it and hopefully we can get some nice results in it.
“It’s an exciting time when you get the new kit on, it gets the pre-season underway. The lads are all looking forward to first game of the season and getting off to a good start.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
Supporters will be able to receive the home kit on Thursday July 17 if they order today, either online or by visiting one of our three official club stores) – Stadium, Liberty Romford and Lakeside Thurrock.
The new shirt is priced from £49.99 for adults and £39.99 for youngsters, and will be essential wear for Hammers supporters.
The new home goalkeeper kit is also launched today with Adrian and Jussi Jaaskelainen set to don the yellow shirts with claret trim this season.
Season Ticket Holders acan attend an exclusive shopping evening on Wednesday, July 16, allowing them to get their hands on the new kits before anyone else.
The club points out that first-team players’ names and numbers cannot be printed until all squad numbers are finalised.