Hammers linked with Everton striker
Yakubu rumour returns once again
A transfer window wouldn’t be a transfer window without West Ham being linked with Everton striker Yakubu.
The Nigerian (above) spent the second half of the season on loan at Championship side Leicester City, scoring 11 goals in his 20 appearances for the Foxes.
West Ham were understood to have bid around �6million for the 28-year-old last summer, before reducing their offer to �2m.
However, Leicester City’s recent negotiations with the player over a permanent move have hit a stumbling block over the Nigerian’s wages, therefore presenting the opportunity for West Ham to potentially sign the striker.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t hold your breath.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review