Hammers linked with Everton striker
Yakubu rumour returns once again
A transfer window wouldn’t be a transfer window without West Ham being linked with Everton striker Yakubu.
The Nigerian (above) spent the second half of the season on loan at Championship side Leicester City, scoring 11 goals in his 20 appearances for the Foxes.
West Ham were understood to have bid around �6million for the 28-year-old last summer, before reducing their offer to �2m.
However, Leicester City’s recent negotiations with the player over a permanent move have hit a stumbling block over the Nigerian’s wages, therefore presenting the opportunity for West Ham to potentially sign the striker.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t hold your breath.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering