Hammers footballing legend makes appearance at new Hornchurch tanning salon
- Credit: Archant
A brand new tanning salon welcomed a footballing legend and potential customers to check out the new premises before officially opening to the public.
Frankies tanning salon in Station Lane, Hornchurch, welcomed former footballer and West Ham United legend Alvin Martin to check out the new salon, due to open next week.
Guests enjoyed a buffet and got to meet the ex-defender, who was part of the 1986 Hammers team which came third in the top division.
Frankies owner Susan Turner, 49, of Hornchurch, said: “It was absolutely excellent it was really just sort of a way of welcoming the public.”
She added: “Alvin was wonderful, he’s an out and out gentleman and he’s highly respected - he’s a legend.”
You may also want to watch:
The salon owner is hoping to cater to the demand for tanning salons, and is looking to cater to an older market too.
“It’s in very high demand these days, people like to take pride in themselves and it’s not just about young people anymore.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions