Hammers fair is set for Romford
A host of former Hammers will be in Romford next Sunday for the annual Retro Forum & Fair
HAVING celebrated a West Ham victory at Birmingham on the Saturday, the place to be on Sunday, November 7 for Hammers fans is the RUSSC Club in Mawney Road, Romford for this year’s Hammers Retro Forum & Fair.
The event, organised by Tony McDonald of Ex Hammers magazine will have six former West Ham stars to meet and greet.
FA Cup winners from the 1960s, Ronnie Boyce and Jack Burkett will be there, alongside 1970s stars Peter Grotier and Joe Durrell, with George Parris and Kenny Brown from the 1980s completing the line-up.
They will all take part in a question and answer session, while Goodmayes boy Parris will be signing copies of his brand new DVD entitled - “My Name is George . . . I am a compulsive gambler”.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a collectors’ fair with stands selling memorabilia, books, DVDs, photos, magazines, trade cards and badges.
The day will last from noon until 4pm and admission is �10 in advance (under-16s free with a paying adult) online at www.ex-hammers.com, while on the door the price is �12.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London