Hammer Sears off to Scunthorpe
West Ham youngster Freddie Sears has gone out on loan
WEST HAM striker Freddie Sears has been shipped out to Scunthorpe United on a month’s loan.
The 20-year-old Romford-born Hammer has started just one game this season and is seen as well down the pecking order at Upton Park, so manager Avram Grant has taken the opportunity of giving him some playing time at Glanford Park.
Sears, who burst on the scene back in 2008 when he scored the winner against Blackburn on his debut, has now made 33 appearances in claret and blue.
Just six of those have been starts however, and he is yet to add to that dream debut goal.
You may also want to watch:
His lack of goals have followed him in his previous loan spells, though more down to bad luck than poor play.
At Crystal Palace last season he actually hit the net, but the ball bounced out and the referee failed to spot that it had gone in.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
He failed to score for Coventry City on loan last term either, but he has been in impressive form both in pre-season and for the reserves so far this season.
He joined up with Ian Baraclough’s team yesterday (Tuesday) and could even have featured in their clash at Preston last night.
He is not the first Hammer to make the move to Scunthorpe United.
Jordan Spence and former Hammer Bondz N’Gala have both spent loan spells at the Championship outfit.
Sears joins fellow Hammers Matty Fry and Frank Nouble out on loan who are at Charlton Athletic and Swansea City respectively.