Hammer Hitz pencilled in for FA Cup clash
West Ham’s German international Thomas Hitzlsperger was finally in a claret and blue shirt against West Brom reserves.
AFTER nearly seven months on the sidelines, Thomas Hitzlsperger has finally returned in a West Ham shirt after playing 62 minutes for the reserves on Wednesday afternoon.
The German international midfielder has yet to make his Hammers’ debut after injuring his thigh on duty with Germany on the eve of the season.
But he has been training with the first team for the last couple of weeks and this reserve game was part of his rehabilitation. He was scheduled to play between an hour and 65 minutes and did just that, and at no time did he look off the pace.
West Ham will be looking for a similar result against West Brom this Saturday after the reserves thumped them 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Radoslav Kovac met Anthony Edgar’s cross to open the scoring and that lead was doubled before the break when Hitzlsperger’s shot was blocked and fell to Cristian Montano who thumped in from long range.
Freddie Sears found Olly Lee for a third on 57 minutes and after West Brom pulled a goal back, the Hammers rounded things off in the last minute when Sears won and then converted from the spot.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
Providing he feels no ill effects in the next couple of days, the German is expected to finally make his debut as a substitute in the FA Cup clash with Burnley on February 21.