Hammer Cole can’t get into the Wembley nightclub!
West Ham striker Carlton Cole has still got his sense of humour, despite West Ham’s quarter-final defeat.
It is 30 years since West Ham last graced the hallowed turf at Wembley and it will be at least another year after Sunday’s defeat at the Britannia Stadium.
And Carlton Cole reflected on their misfortune in a way that only a modern player can.
“We have been so close to Wembley twice now,” he said after Sunday’s 3-1 defeat followed their capitulation in the Carling Cup semi-final at Birmingham City.
“It’s like going to a nightclub and you try twice, but you’re not getting in because the bouncer is saying your not wearing the right gear.
You may also want to watch:
“We just have to start wearing the right stuff and hopefully next time, the bouncer will let us in.”
No claret and blue allowed perhaps.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 7 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school