Hammer Cole can’t get into the Wembley nightclub!
West Ham striker Carlton Cole has still got his sense of humour, despite West Ham’s quarter-final defeat.
It is 30 years since West Ham last graced the hallowed turf at Wembley and it will be at least another year after Sunday’s defeat at the Britannia Stadium.
And Carlton Cole reflected on their misfortune in a way that only a modern player can.
“We have been so close to Wembley twice now,” he said after Sunday’s 3-1 defeat followed their capitulation in the Carling Cup semi-final at Birmingham City.
“It’s like going to a nightclub and you try twice, but you’re not getting in because the bouncer is saying your not wearing the right gear.
You may also want to watch:
“We just have to start wearing the right stuff and hopefully next time, the bouncer will let us in.”
No claret and blue allowed perhaps.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’