Half-term fun at Havering Museum
HAVERING Museum has a jam-packed week full of events to keep kids occupied during the half-term holidays.
The museum is working with the BBC’s The History of Ancient Britain to go on an epic quest to discover prehistoric ancestors.
The Ancient Times session runs from 12.30pm to 1.30pm, on Wednesday February 23.
Children have the chance to find out about the Stone Age through to the Iron Age.
The Classic Ancients will take place on the same day from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters have the chance to explore the life of the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians.
They will be able to handle and smell foods, look at objects and create a piece of jewellery or a weapon.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
On Saturday February 26 Children can take part in Stories of the Ancients. They can listen to the captivating stories the ancients would have told then create their own cave art pictures based on the story.
The event takes place between 2.30pm and 3.3pm.
Kids can become mini Sherlock Holmes’ for the day and get a free detective pack from the museum during half term week full of activities.
All events are free for children. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information or to book a place call Havering Museum on 08452 707 737 or email email@example.com.