GCSE results: ‘You get out what you put in,’ says Brittons Academy head boy
- Credit: Brittons Academy
Pupils at Brittons Academy are celebrating after receiving the grades needed to take the next step in education.
Head boy Lennon Crandle was awaded six 9s, two 8s and a 7, and is looking forward to studying four A-levels in biology, chemistry, physics and maths.
He said: “I’m so grateful and humbled. Brittons have been so supportive with all the changes I have made in both my personal and academic life.
“It goes to show, you get out what you put in and if you’re willing to work, you’ll be rewarded.
“I have loved my time at Brittons and want to say thank you for preparing me for the next chapter of my life.”
You may also want to watch:
Head girl Alyssa Buttery achieved 4s and 5s in all her subjects alongside a centre-assessed Level 2 Pass in child development.
Alyssa said: “I’m over the moon with my results. Thanks to all the teachers who helped me.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Alyssa has been accepted at Access Creative College, London, to follow her dream of becoming a musician.
Another student, Apurva Bhattacharyya, has received eight 9s - the highest grade possible. He now plans to enrol at Brampton Manor to study A-levels.
He said: “I’m so grateful to all the teachers for the experience I’ve had at Brittons.
“The support is incredible and I want to dedicate my results to all of them who helped me. The teachers are so encouraging and even outside lessons, they always have time to support you which means if you work hard, it’s possible to get the best grades.”